Paul Lieberstein served as a co-executive and supervising producer for 27 episodes during Season 6 of TDCS, also writing three that season.
|Birthname:||Paul Levan Lieberstein|
|Birthplace:||Westport, CT, U.S.|
|Spouse(s):||Janine Serafin Poreba (2008–present) (5 children)|
|Screenwriter, Television producer|
|Appears on/involved with:||The Drew Carey Show|
|Job on series|
Writer, 3 episodes, Season 6
Paul Bevan Lieberstein (born February 22, 1967) served as a co-executive producer for 25 episodes in Season 6 of The Drew Carey Show, and also served as a supervising producer for two episodes in that season, the season opening "Drew Pops Something on Kate" (which he also wrote, along with "Drew and the Motorcycle" and "Drew and the Activist, Part I"), and "Buzzie Wuzzie Liked His Beer".
A screenwriter, actor and television producer, Paul, a Primetime Emmy Award winner, is known as a writer, producer, and as supporting cast member Toby Flenderson on the U.S. version of the sitcom The Office. He served as the series' showrunner from seasons five to eight. On March 22, 2012, it was announced that Lieberstein would step down from his showrunner role to focus on a planned spin-off series featuring Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute, which was tentatively called The Farm and Lieberstein was set to be the showrunner. However, in October 2012, it was announced that NBC was not accepting the spin-off series. Lieberstein also worked as producer on the third and final season of the television drama series The Newsroom.
Early life and backgroundEdit
Lieberstein grew up in Westport, Connecticut, the son of Judith and Stanley Lieberstein. He attended Staples High School. Afterwards, he attended Hamilton College, where he joined Chi Psi, and graduated in 1989 with a major in economics (he "wanted to be a financier of some kind").
His sister Susanne is the president of programming at MTV and is married to Greg Daniels. His brother, Warren Lieberstein, was married to Angela Kinsey. Lieberstein was married for a second time, to Janine Serafin Poreba, on July 19, 2008, at the New York City restaurant Battery Gardens. His cousin is Paul Faust, on whom the character "Cool Guy Paul" was based, as seen in The Office episode "Chair Model".
- ↑ Poniewozik, James. Back to the Land: NBC’s The Farm Spinoff Failed, But Networks Shouldn’t Abandon the Country. Retrieved on 9 December 2015.
- ↑ Itzkoff, Dave. "Producer’s Exit Adds to Uncertainty at ‘The Office’", nytimes.com, March 22, 2012. Retrieved on October 31, 2012.
- ↑ Itzkoff, Dave. "NBC Is Not Moving Ahead With ‘Office’ Spinoff ‘The Farm’", October 30, 2012.
- ↑ Rose, Lacey. "Aaron Sorkin's 'Newsroom' Renewed for Third and Final Season", hollywoodreporter.com, January 13, 2014. Retrieved on November 18, 2014.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 New York Times New York Times Wedding Announcement